To provide Parliamentarians with procedural advice, administrative and support services to enable them to carry out their responsibilities as legislators in an efficient and effective manner.
In achieving this mission, the staff of the Parliament carry of the following specific functions:
- Coordinating the activities of the Houses of Parliament by ensuring that both Houses, their Committees and the Parliamentary Commissions have the required procedural, administrative and research support.
- Affording all Parliamentarians with the necessary advice and assistance regardless of political party or office.
- Ensuring good quality service delivery while at the same time utilizing the available resources to their optimum.
- Heightening public awareness and understanding of the Parliament.
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building of the Parliament to provide for growth and development.
- Developing a cadre of staff with the requisite skills and abilities to respond to the changing needs of the Parliament.